Skip to main content
European Commission logo
Representation in Malta

Working in a EU country

Find information on workers' rights, recognition of professional qualifications and social security coordination in the EU.

Working abroad

As an EU national, you're entitled to work — for an employer or as a self-employed person — in any EU country without needing a work permit.

EU social security coordination

The EU provides common rules to protect your social security rights when moving within Europe (EU 27 + Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland)